Hello from Connect to Save and your electric cooperative! Thanks for your help getting your Carina WISE reconnected. If you need additional assistance at any point, you can speak with a live representative by calling 844-577-7283 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm), or you can email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reconnection process usually takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. To learn how to reconnect, you’ve got options!
- Watch the 3-minute how-to video: Watch Video
- Follow our Step-by-Step Instructions below: Jump to Instructions
- Print the instructions*: Download Printable Instructions (PDF)
We recommend you watch the video, then use the step-by-step instructions to walk you through the process.
What You’ll Need
- Access to your Carina WISE, located on the outside of your home’s water heater
- An active 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network (not 5G)
- Your Wi-Fi network’s exact name and password
- Your phone or tablet with the Carina app downloaded, plus your username and password.*
- Optional: Printed instructions or a second device to view these instructions.
- Locate the interior panel: Open the cover on your Carina WISE by lifting the clip at the bottom of the device and hinging the cover open toward you. This can be tricky – if you have trouble, check that the sliding hinge at the top of the cover is pushed back fully in its track. If the red “Service Available” light is blinking, this indicates your Carina WISE is disconnected.
- Enter Configuration Mode: Find the connect button on the left of the interior panel (see Figure 1). On your mobile device, go to your Settings and open your Wi-Fi connections. While keeping an eye on your available networks, press the connect button on the Carina WISE five (5) times. This should trigger the device to broadcast its own Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to your Carina WISE’s Wi-Fi: Select the Carina WISE from the list of available connections. It will be labeled as XBEE-(device number) (see Figure 2). If prompted, you can select “Connect only this time.”
- Still having trouble connecting? You may need to forget your home network and disable auto reconnect. Select your home network from the list of connections. Toggle the Auto Reconnect option off, then select “Forget Network.” Try to connect to the Carina WISE again.
- Connect with your Carina App: On your mobile device, open the Carina App. Log out of your account using the menu in the upper left corner. Next, tap the Wi-Fi icon in the top right corner of the login screen. When prompted to select your comm type of unit, tap “WIFI.”
- Enter credentials: Enter your Wi-Fi network’s details.
- For SSID, use your network’s exact name.
- For Passphrase, use your network’s password.
- For Encryption, choose your network’s encryption type. If you are unsure, the default encryption is WPA2.
- When done, scroll to the bottom and click Provision. You should receive an alert that “provisioning may have succeed” (see Figure 3)
- Verify connection: It may take 3-5 minutes for the Carina WISE to fully reconnect. While you wait, you may see the XBEE Wi-Fi network disappear from available networks. You’ll know you’ve succeeded if you the Service Available light stays on (no longer blinking). You can also verify connection by logging back into the Carina app – your dashboard should now show that you are connected (Figure 4).
If you disconnected your mobile device from your home network, it’s now safe to reconnect. Thank you for your help in getting your device back online!