We’re dedicated to powering our communities in more ways than one. In addition to providing safe, reliable and affordable power, we’re investing in innovative energy projects and economic development activities that build a brighter future for our communities and help our members grow and thrive.
Our Economic Development Resources include:
Building & Site Investments
- Up to $2 million loans at 0% (10-year term, 2-year deferral)
- Targeted grants for development, certification and marketing
- Electric and fiber optic infrastructure
Electric Rate Resources
- Incentivized rates for new load >400kW (5 years)
- Flexible energy pricing, including long-term fixed rates
Retention & Expansion Tool Kit
- Reliability and resiliency solutions (custom microgrids)
- Loans for technology investments (EV charging stations)
- Grants for eligible energy efficiency upfits and renewables
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USDA Loans and Grants
North Carolina’s electric cooperatives are a national leader in channeling funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant (REDLG) program to rural North Carolina. These zero-interest loans can be used to assist with various improvements including fire and rescue, police protection, public buildings and community facilities, and other economic development projects.